Monday, August 14, 2006

computers come to me to die

Most of my friends have heard me say that statement at least once. Well, you're hearing it again because the 3rd computer i have had in about 4 years decided to lose it's operating system. Sounds like a horrible thing. Sounds like the equivelant to a human losing their identity or their memory. This has to be a terrible thing for a computer but let me say an even more cruel thing for it's owner. I have become so dependent on that Thinkpad for my communication to the outside world. Now I have to resort to going to the public library. Ahhh, gone are the days of surfing the net in privacy or looking for cool new music on itunes. I must pause for a moment of silence for my dear friend..

Ok i'm done. I do have more news. I have a new house that i am moving into. It's pretty cute and i love the area that it is in. As i have been driving to my new home i have noticed the same girl running a lot. she likes to wear pants and just her sports bra. which i think is strange. why just the sports bra if you are going to wear long pants? I think she is on a weight loss regime. The last time i saw her though i had a thought. It will be so exciting to watch my new found friend drop the lb's. Maybe that is a bit voyeuristic (sp) but i'm curious. She has inspired me to lace up the running shoes and hit the pavement. Even though i haven't done it yet.

Also, i went on a job interview for a teaching position. something my mother has wanted me to be since college. The headmaster gave the job to someone with a doctorate. imagine that. However, he is trying to find money in the budget to hire me as a part time assistant to him and part time teacher. I would get benefits and an ok salary. This sounds like a great transition job for me. So, if you think of it pray that the school has money in the budget for me!

5 comments:

Ginny said...

dan has it right now. but if you can get to it sooner that would be great!! how can i get it to you?

Amanda said...

Lace up and come with me!! We'll be on our own regime. Except our regime will include shirts.

Computers really do come to you to die. I think maybe you're a witch ...casting spells on computers like a hippie at a Bela Fleck concert.

G. Twilley said...

Oh Ginny, how I have longed for a new post from you! Did you know that we've moved to another apartment (yes, this is the 4th place I've lived in the past 3 years). Sorry to hear about your computer - though the library is a cool place to be typing from.

katie said...

nin... where's the house? love the inspiration minus action! too much like me!
and i'm thrilled about your job possibility! i will pray!

Rick said...

Go for it, Ginny. Maybe you and Amanda can inspire me. It seems no matter how hard I try I can never keep a consistent exercise routine. I guess it's probably because I wait until 9 or 10 in the morning to run, and by then it's already 95 degrees and rising.

I'll pray for the school position.