Friday, January 11, 2008

I like him...

Hello fellow bloggers, blog readers and lurkers alike! My apologies for the absence in the blogosphere. I have had much to share but I am a chicken about putting these type things on the world wide web. I have had many requests to share so I am going to come out with my new relationship on here. This is my boyfriend (yes I said boyfriend) Daniel Smith. I feel a little silly saying that at the age of 30 but I am excited. I met Daniel this summer at a 4th of July party with my family in one of the least likely cities (if you can call it that) that will remane nameless. My mother invited me to Byron's (my stepdad) son's house to celebrate the 4th with their family. Truth be told I did not want to go. I went to appease my mother. Like all good family gatherings there was food. I loaded up my plate with all the goodies of summertime and headed inside to find a seat. That didn't prove to be so easy I was stopped along the way by a guy with the most striking eyes. With an outstretched hand he said "hi, I'm Daniel Smith" the only problem was I had no free hand to shake his. This did not deter Daniel though;he took my cup of nectar, otherwise known as sweet tea, and placed it on the ground. I shook his hand, introduced myself, and continued inside. All the while thinking that was a different exchange and I found myself wanting to talk to him more. We did end up talking more. He was quite purposeful that day asking me all types of questions; I liked it. I left thinking I might hear from him but I didn't. Well...at least not for another 4 months. He called me the day after Thanksgiving (we tend to like holidays), and asked me on what could have been a very awkward first date ,which was to eat dinner with his family and watch the Iron Bowl.........To be continued....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is smiling....i love and miss you ginny!

Amanda said...

What is this too be continued mess?!?! You're leaving me hangin'!! Daniel is adorable - a total hottie. :)

MaryMartha said...

hey now....thats a mean way to leave it...to be continued! I would like more details PLEASE! Im expecting an email or a lake trip update :)
MM

G. Twilley said...

Is this going to continue after the next iron bowl? Is that why it's so awkward? I'd agree that it would have been strange for me to go on a first date with someone to watch football since it's generally not that interesting;-).

I'm happy for you, Ginny.

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers, sis. I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katie said...

too cute. thanks for the picture. :)

more details... and more phone calls.

and IF there is a lake trip, i better at least be told... even if it's unlikely, i want to be included. :)

Anonymous said...

How fun is this, friend! I saw Lyndsey Mac at a wedding last sat and she gave me the scoop. I am so happy for you!
Catherine

The Shulls said...

I love it!!!!!! Thanks for posting a pic of the blessed man!

We are SO SO happy for you! Can't wait to have yall over!

Love,
Mohana

Anonymous said...

my my, what secretive girls we are. you never know what either of us has cooking up off the blog world.