There is a song by John Gorka that says "i've spent most of life as a luxury, now i've taken the role of necessity" boy does that lyric ring true these days. I am enjoying being a mother to Knox he is a real joy, but I must say it has been an adjustment. The first few weeks I just knew I wasn't going to be able to handle it. I did start out a little behind the curve though. I guess I should update those of you who don't know just how this little one entered the world on August 7.
The week before Knox was born my blood pressure shot up to 140/90 and it stayed that way every day. I monitored it all week and it continue to stay high. I called the doctor and they said to go ahead and come in. After monitoring me and taking some tests the doctor decided to induce the next day. He said we'll induce at 6 am and you should have a baby by noon. Knox was born at 12:01 (sounds like he knew what he was talking about). I skipped the hard part though. This little guy was born with no epidural. I would like to say that I planned to go natural, but not so. For some reason my epidural did not work. I felt every bit of the labor. Daniel was by my side the whole way and was a great partner. We were so in sync that day -he knew exactly what i needed when i needed it. Even though i didn't plan to have him natural I don't think I would change it. I left that experience with a greater understanding of heb. 12:2 "for the joy set before him he endured the cross" now i know my pain was nothing like the pain of the cross but i caught a glimpse of the kind of love it took. I was willing to do whatever it took to see my son born. For the joy set before me i endured labor and not the labor i planned. 12 hours after he was born they took Knox to the NICU because of Jaundice and a high white blood cell count. It was a trying time but he came home in 3 days and has been a joy. Here are some pictures to prove it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment