I love John Cusack. My love began with this movie Say Anything and has continued. I love the character of Lloyd Dobbler. Maybe you don't care but I want to share with you why I love that character. Lloyd is a fighter I could venture to say a warrior. His character is a kickboxer which reveals on the surface what is really underneath. Every girl wants a Lloyd and I'll tell you why. He knows what he wants (Dianne Court) and goes after her. He doesn't back down, he pursues! This picture says it all! Look at him standing confidently (in that outfit) not wavering,holding that ghetto blaster, shouting clearly without saying anything that he loves this woman.
Here are some of my favorite quotes:
- "one question, do you need someone or do you need me? Forget it, I don't really care."
- "stick with us and we'll teach you bibles of truth"
- I am looking for a dare to be great situation
- I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen. (I think we all can relate)
- I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.
- Lloyd : I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere? Joe: By choice, man.
I could go on. I hope if you have never seen it you should check it out along with with High Fidelity and Gross Pointe Blank!

10 comments:
Love me some John Cusack. I gave Mike a pen when we first started dating so he could legitimately use that line from Say Anything. I am a DORK.
Every woman wants a strong and determined man, nobody wants greasy floppy bacon.
By choice indeed.
Laura, I like you more now that I've read you describe men as "greasy, floppy bacon." That's as good as any of Lloyd Dobbler's quotes.
Ginny, I have often pondered as to why someone like you is still single. Now I know. Who could possible live up to this non-bacon like Cusack? But I want you to think long and hard about this. If you married John, you would have to go to family gatherings where his super weird sister Joan would probably be present - that would be creeepy!
Family reunions with Joan Cusack would be the COOLEST THING EVER. She's so weird. I dig it.
I'm so glad you're blogging! I love the pictures on the previous posts too! I think Joan is HILARIOUS! Weird, but so funny!
Oh and by the way, I like bacon - just as long as it's crisp - whatever that might mean in "man" seeking I have no idea - but in real life it is SO GOOD!
Let's keep it PG here, okay guys?
laura keep those old inside jokes coming. i love it!
Post a Comment