In just 13 days I will no longer be in my 20's. I will be entering a new era of my life....duh duh duh....the 30's. Due to this being a monumental birthday I decided to do a somewhat reminiscent post. Here is my list of things I have learned in my 20's and truth be told am still learning.
1. You can live through heartbreak.
2. Never buy a car when you are in an emotional state.
3. Find friends that are different than yourself.
4. Find friends that are kindred spirits
5. Do the strength training suggested with 1/2 marathon training
6. Say no when friends mom's want to buy them Karaoke machines for Christmas. I'm laughing thinking about this one.
7. Buy metal fences for dogs, even if wood is cheaper.
8. Get over yourself and your insecurity and be the first to speak.
9. When on vacation ask the locals where to eat.
10. Read Caesar's Way before you get a dog.
11. Do things that make you nervous from time to time.
12. God not only loves me he likes me a lot.
13. Coffee is better made with freshly ground beans.
14. You can run farther than you think.
15. Films with subtitles are not to be written off.
16. Classics should be read....they are called classics for a reason.
17. Make friends with musicians...they can keep you entertained.
18. Visit places you have never been with people you really like.
19. Ambrosia had to taste like Diet Coke.
20. Attach all of your belongings to something before taking off for a 2 day canoe trip.
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
20 things I've learned in my 20's
Posted by Ginny at 11:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
what about drive to salinas, ca even if you have to in a van with a bunch of crazies? :)
i love this post!
and i've really been missing you!!
wish i could be there for the big day...
fun post! can't wait to celebrate with you...
i think you left one out, though..."don't be afraid to ride in cars with risk-takers" ;-)
i'm counting down the days until the big birthday bash! i can't wait to get my zap on, if you know what i mean :)
You are so cool w/ your classics-reading and your fresh ground coffee beans and your subtitled movies and your traveling!! I am so boring!! Cool post from one of my kindred spirits...
Are these listed in order of most importance? If so is 1 or 20 more important?
Tag - Read my blog and play - please...
love this post. i would love to comment on each number, but i might have to email them instead....
Post a Comment