Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Farewell Friend

Tearfully, I said goodbye to my faithful companion Lou on Thursday. We had a long talk about what was going on and that I was giving her to some people with a bigger yard and lots of kids to play with. I think she understood. I cried and she let me hug her. Is that silly? I really don't care if it is. I put her in her crate in the back of the boy's truck i gave her to. She looked confused and I was sad. She was a sweet dog but had a thirst for freedom that couldn't be quenched with a walk and romp around the park. So, last week I said farewell to my sweet, somewhat annoying, friend. Farewell pant licker and stealer of the socks! You will be missed.


*Lyndsey took photos of Lou in the midst of her great escape. I will post them later and you will be amazed!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Ginny that is so sad! I can't believe Lou is gone. Will you be able to visit every now and then?

G, MM, AH and C said...

Ginny,
I'm sad that you wont have anymore good Lou stories! I'm sorry for your loss...if I was in town, i'd for sure bring you a comfort casserole! :)
love ya girl!
MM

Anonymous said...

Ginny, I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like her mama.

Amanda said...

Sad!! I was so sad when we gave Rufus away. Remember him?

katie said...

okay, i'll send you a puppy for your birthday... i'm sad lou is gone! even though i don't know her.
love the new pic... ;)

jess said...

gin! i'm so sorry she had to go! and you have a repaired fence now, right?
so are you on a hiatus from dog ownership or would something like miss maggie do?

Anonymous said...

Maybe now you can get some sleep at night. So sensitive I am.

Angie Davis said...

not silly at all. those tears are very justified.

G. Twilley said...

They say if you really love something, you should let it go...maybe she'll come back?

susan said...

I am bored of this post. You need to make a new one.