Thursday, April 03, 2008

grief and decisions the sequal

Well, for those of you that don't know my stepfather died on Maundy Thursday (the day before Good Friday). It was really quick and intense to say the least. The good thing was that my Spring Break fell the same week that it all happened. I was able to be there the whole time with my mother and Byron's family. There is something to be said about really walking through grief with people and not just stopping by for a visit. Since I have been around more I have noticed the new lines on my mother's face that have come from grief and more than likely from being the primary caregiver to my Granny. My mother is a selfless person who gives without asking for anything in return, even appreciation. I am seeing how I didn't inherit that quality from her. I love praise and recognition but my Mother works quietly and faithfully without need of notice. With that being said I have made the final decision to move back to Glencoe in order to help lighten the load on my Mom. My thoughts on this range from being curious and excited to apprehensive and scared, but I know in my spirit that it is right. Friends, please pray for me to get a job and have an abundant life in Glencoe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ginny....I am so, so sorry for your loss. Much love to you in this new journey...

Amanda said...

What a big decision. I will be praying for you for sure. Let me know if I can help any. I'll tell Mom and Dad to look out for jobs if they hear of anything!

The Shulls said...

Ginny... we are so sorry for your loss... we were out of the country and didn't read the blog until today. What a big, big decision... I know that the Lord will keep you under his wings and love you as always he has done it, he will walk you through all this new challenge.

We love you,

Mohana, for the Shulls

Anonymous said...

dear ginny,

i am so sorry for your loss and for the loss of your family. i would love to hang out with you sometime when you get settled. i think about you all the time. i'll never forget our times together at montevallo.

your long lost friend,
jdub

jess said...

beautiful words about mrs. sandy. she is on my heart so much as are you. we are here to walk with you through this...and prayers for abundant life and guidance are on our lips and hearts. we love you!

katie said...

my dear. i love you.
wishing i could sit with you...

susan said...

godspeed you beautiful girl