Thursday, April 10, 2008

the right stuff?

Everyone hold your hats, pigs do fly, hell will freeze over because the New Kids On The Block have reunited. In case you missed it on the Today show I thought it my duty to inform you as a responsible citizen with her ear to what is going on in pop culture that they are in fact on tour. I must admit at the tender age of 13 I thought I would marry Joey McIntyre (what fan didn't envision that?). I went to the concert and got all dressed up with hopes of meeting him, no luck. However, I did meet Mark Wahlberg who went on to become Marky Mark of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch and many movies we have all seen. At the time I was disappointed to only meet the brother of Donnie Wahlberg but he did go on to be more famous. Anyway, I must admit that if I were in New York I would have tried to live out my pre/teenage dream of meeting N.K.O.T.B! I know there are more out there that feel like me. I know there are more than just me who would like to hear "Please don't go girl" live and in person. Don't be shy. Holly and Amy break out the big buttons;I know you've still got them somewhere.

9 comments:

Holly said...

Are you kidding??? I would SO go to a concert if not for the sheer nostalgia alone. I think I might still have the buttons way up in a closet somewhere.

Amanda said...

I saw this in the newspaper, and I thought they all looked pretty hot still...especially Joey...yummy!!

Angie Davis said...

I can't believe I was there, and missed it.
At least you would have had much more of a chance of your dreams with Joey coming true than I would have had with my crush, Jordan.

susan said...

When my friends like NKOTB, I liked the Misfits and the Smiths and the Cure and Black Flag.

Weird Kid, I was.

Jessica H. said...

I'm so glad you posted this...and enjoyed reminiscing NKOTB with you last night. Oh the memories... I won't lie, I'll probably add some songs on my Ipod in the near future and would contemplate going to a concert..ha. And Joey = HOT, with an extra sizzle. NKOTB, "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)".

Anonymous said...

I already have plans to go to their concert when they come to the ATL...Atlanta being the first place I ever attended a NKOTB concert as a 10 year old...It is going to be my anniversary concert!

mcclure adoption said...

ha! i saw that interview on the today show too...i heart-ed donnie b/c he was the bad boy, but i did have a dream that i married joey once. i think i have my big button around here somewhere. it was bigger than my head at that time. y'know, if you come visit us, i can take you on a NKOTB way back when tour...but dorchester is still a pretty rough neighborhood...we might break out into dance.

Snarky Seamstress said...

If it makes you feel better, I signed up for the NKOTB tour updates. I pulled out my buttons and cassettes just in case they make it down here, and if they do, I will so totally be there, cause it doesn't get too much better than Hangin Tough and Step by Step. (Which I will admit to knowing ever word...still...)

Amy said...

So funny! I saw them on the Today show, and must admit ... I was a little giddy at the sight of them. Jordan was my preference back then. When they started introducing themselves, I was like, "Please! I can still remember first, last, and middle names ... birthdays ... favorite color ..." I was die hard!

Amy