Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Storms

Today I headed to City Hall (a trip that I take daily) to take the mail for work. I usually like to walk because I enjoy my stroll down Broad St. Today was different though. I was stopped in my tracks due to a huge dark looming cloud. I decided to drive. When I finished my tasks I decided to watch the cloud roll in over the Coosa River. As I stood there overlooking the water I thought about how we encounter clouds and storms in life. How there can be a dark cloud in front of us and all light and sunshine behind. That all of our best times seem to be behind us. I was thinking about my dear friend Cheryl and her husband Dewayne. They were a sweet couple that seemed like they had all sunshine and light ahead of them until Dewayne was taken suddenly yesterday. I came to love Cheryl and Dewayne very quickly. Probably because they made me feel so loved. And the news of Dewayne's death rocked me yesterday. I could not and still can't make heads or tails of it. What is my Father's plan for Cheryl? I believe in my core that He is working all things for her good, but I can't see that right now. My vision is often blurred, much like when I need new windshield wipers during even the lightest of rains, and I can't see images clearly. I need something/someone outside myself to make things clear. Just as I do now. I need wisdom and understanding. Lord, grant me these along with your love to show Cheryl.

1 comments:

Angie Davis said...

i've been so sad too, and i don't even know them. but i knew you did as well as many others. i don't get it either, but i'm praying for much grace for you guys.