Monday, December 08, 2008

10 things I like about Christmas

10. My mother's Christmas Sweater- It harkens back to the time of stirrup pants and long sweaters. Long, Red, Cowel Necked, and Bedazzled. Need I say more.

9. The fact that the Mistletoe Madness parties have continued on without me in two locations.

8. Dirty Santa...it is dirty indeed with my family.

7. Christmas Tree shopping. I love the whole experience bundling up, searching for the perfect tree and tying it to the top of the Rav4.

6. Christmas Tree Decorating. This year we decorated with a nostalgic theme complete with the big lights and old coca cola bottles underneath the tree.

5. Christmas Lights. However, I do not like the icicle lights. 1999 was the year of the cicle lights as like to call them. They were everywhere and they are still lingering. I really like it when people leave them hanging from their house year round. Nice.

4. Christmas Songs...Thank you 96.9 and 96.5 for keeping me in the spirit 24/7.

3. Christmas Carols. One thing I truly miss about Red Mountain Church is singing the Christmas Carols all during Advent.

2. Friendly gatherings full of merriment.

1. Emmanuel-God Came Near!

O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear.

Rejoice! Rejoice!
Emmanuel shall come to thee,
O Israel.

O come,
Thou Root of Jesse’s tree,An ensign of Thy people be;
Before Thee rulers silent fall;
All peoples on Thy mercy call

O come, Desire of nations,
bind In one the hearts of all mankind;
Bid Thou our sad divisions cease,
And be Thyself our King of Peace.


May our Hope be in Him this Season!

2 comments:

Dollar General said...

You should have been at our dinner table the other night when Jason tried to explain that song to the kids...He got pretty frustrated when out of the blue Anna said, "May I be excused?" I don't think they got it!

I hope you have a GREAT Christmas this year! We missed you at the SMCS Christmas party...LOTS of Christmas sweaters there!

Missing you...The Dollars

Amanda said...

Love Sandy and bedazzled sweater tunics. :) And I'm glad to know that the GHS tradition of Mistletoe Madness lives on thanks to you!