Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Recap

2008 has to have been the most life changing year that I have experienced. Here is a quick recap which will not be a surprise for most of you; seeing as you have walked with me through most of it.


  • On Jan. 1, 2008 I got a boyfriend. The first one since my senior year of college.

  • March my stepfather passed away

  • May I moved back to Glencoe and in with my mother. (at the age of 30)

  • June I started a new job

  • July 4th I got engaged

  • October 18th I got married

  • October 25th I moved in with a boy

  • December 22 we found out that we are having a baby

I really can't believe all of this happened in a year! I was thinking about it while I was driving to work today and just couldn't believe it. The Lord truely is showering me with blessings. It seems like I don't realize just how good He is until I look back. Summer of 2007 was my breaking point with singleness. My heart longed even ached to have a family. I had watched others lives and been part of their family but that just didn't satisfy my ache. Then out of nowhere my world was changed He answered all of my prayers ,even the ones that my heart was secretly praying, all in a year. So many times during big moments in my life I feel like an outsider looking in. I pray that with my marriage and pregnancy that I will dive in to the deep and experience it fully.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Whew. What a year! Nothing stays the same but change!!

Allison said...

SO encouraging to read all that God has done in 1 year. Thrilled for the new addition to your family. COngratulations!

jess said...

oh friend, i was just thinking today about you and this very thing. how amazing God's plan is for you and i am so thrilled to see you at peace and happy! who would have thought that in less than one year you'd be having both a wedding shower and a baby shower!!!! truly amazing!

Amy said...

These blessings could not come to a more deserving person! I had a feeling last Christmas that you would be married by that same time this year! Congrats ... and I can't wait to meet little mini-Ginny (I'm still calling girl!)

mcclure adoption said...

i still remember that dinner at su and david's when i think about your life this year...and smile. how perfectly timed it never seems until you look back. i'm so happy and excited for you and daniel.