I have heard that quote and said it many times in my life, but never has it been more true than it is now. I was out for a walk around the block to warm up today and thought about the change of the season that is coming upon us. Today, probably due to Ike, Alabama is having a preview of fall. It's nice and cool outside. I love fall and that is why I am getting married in October. Not only do I love the weather, the festivities and the colors (they are so autumnal) I love the symbolism of the harvest. That you work, toil and then reep. I like to think that on October 18th that will be a reeping for mine and Daniel's relationship. Maybe I'm making this up but I do believe that when the harvest came in there was a celebration/banquet for the bounty. That's what I see when I picture our wedding day a celebration for the time put in to one another and for the one's that have been along this journey with us.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Please, please, please wear overalls at your wedding. I think that would set the tone for reaping. I think the the groomsmen should have pitch forks and the bridesmaids should be...er...have hoes. That would be truly awesome.
Post a Comment